Work with YourLocal
What is YourLocal
YourLocal is a social enterprise that helps locals save money and reduce food surplus with their favorite neighborhood shops and restaurants. By connecting patrons & restaurants through the YourLocal app, restaurants can post their unsold food (up to 70% off) and alert nearby users who want to snag a tasty deal before day’s end. Simply review the deal, buy the meal, and pick it up at the shop before closing.
Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY
As an Account Executive, you’ll help restaurants across Brooklyn & Manhattan like Di Fara’s Pizza, Bedford Cheese Shop, and Woops! Bakeshop provide an alternative to tossing their unsold food out by signing them onto YourLocal. You'll have the opportunity to significantly impact the growth of our company and help redefine the way restaurants utilize their surplus. You’re invigorated by the hustle and shine in a roll that involves feet-on-the-ground and cold face-to-face intros with restaurant owners.
How you will make an impact
- You’ll be YourLocal’s first boots on the ground (literally) - creating new partnerships, blazing new trails, and owning cold face-to-face meetings with restaurant owners & general managers
- You’ll drive the full sales cycle, continuously seeking creative strategies to attain new business
- You’ll surface exciting new revenue opportunities and be responsible for cultivating a healthy pipeline in partnership with our Brand Ambassadors & Marketing strategy
- You’ll develop a deep expertise of YourLocal, our food waste solution, and the food & restaurant industry
- You’ll help restaurants rethink the value of their excess, recommending custom solutions that support their buying trends and customer behavior adding immediate value to their business
- You’ll do whatever it takes to exceed your monthly & quarterly goals
Why we'll love you
- You have experience in a sales role and a track record of building and managing a pipeline and exceeding quota
- You have an extreme hunger to be successful and do whatever it takes to win
- You are passionate about our current food-system and being a part of the solution to improve it
- You have thrived in a startup where the only constant is change—You can handle ambiguity and adapt to new information quickly
- You embrace aggressive goals and work hard to achieve them
- You’re resilient. When it comes to winning new business, you know that every no gets you closer to a yes
- You’re naturally curious and invest time and energy into learning more about the sales process, your prospects, and the solutions you’re selling
- You hustle! All that preparedness doesn’t slow you down
Why you'll love us
You’ll work at a social enterprise that’s taking on one of the world’s toughest problems — Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to YourLocal’s strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions. You can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
We invest in growing our people personally and professionally: At YourLocal, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes YourLocal a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make YourLocal a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume to Daniel Ratner, so we can get to know you a little better.